Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Hunter's Chili - Recipe 3

So, when your husband brings home 50 pounds of deer meat you have to be creative! This is a recipe for Venison Chili - not that this is creative, but it is easy and good!
(via)
  • 1 pound of ground venison
  • 1 can (14oz) of diced tomatoes
  • 2 can (8oz) of kidney beans
  • 1 can (8oz) of tomato sauce
  • 2 tbs chili powder
  • 1 tbs cayenne pepper
  • 18oz of V8 juice 
After browning the meat, I put everything in a crock-pot and cook on high for 3 hours and on low for an additional 2 hours. I will warn you though - I am a little spice happy when it comes to chili.  I don't really measure... I just sprinkle and dump. Also, you can throw in a little deer sausage to the meat when you are cooking it for a twist on flavor. Play around with spices... and TaDa... a meal that you and your hunter can enjoy!

No comments: